A step-by-step guide to the modern job search for return-to-work mums.
Over the past nine years I've helped hundreds of mums kick-start their career after time at home raising their kids, and it's thanks to you that I've learned what works and what doesn’t when it comes to the modern job search, the best ways to navigate around the "landmines" of the process, and the most important things you need to know to jumpstart your "I'm ready to get stuck back into the working world again" plans out of neutral and into fast-forward.
Get started now!
What Does The Course Include?
Get Hired! takes you through each component of the job search step by step. For each lesson, you'll also get additional resources, easy to customise templates, scripts, and exercises that will help you execute on each step. With this course, you'll have the tools you'll need to get the job done - with confidence, energy and commitment.
Included in the course:
- 5 jam-packed modules delivered to your inbox over the course of five days, with hands-on, how-to information, tips and exercises.
- Easy to customise templates including CV, cover letter, 'elevator pitch' and email networking.
- Module 1: Your job search prep to-do's
- Module 2: Getting to know who you are & what you want
- Module 3: Your tools of the job search trade
- Module 4: You're ready! Now go out and get that job
- Module 5: Congratulations, you've been hired! Now what?
- Figure out what you really want...and how to get it.
- Create a winning "back to work" CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
- Uncover the secrets to finding family-friendly and flexible work options, and find out when and how to ask for your ideal work arrangement during the job search process.
- Find the answers to dozens of questions about the back-to-work search. Everything ranging from "What do I wear to the interview?" to "How do I explain the gap on my CV?" to "Where will I find the time and energy to network?"
- Better manage your time and make space for this project (in your already overbooked life).
- Package and position yourself so employers will really "get" what you can do for them (and compensate you accordingly).
- Determine what to say (and what not to say) during the re-entry job interview.
- Establish your market value and negotiate like a pro to earn what you deserve.
- Enlist the support of your family to ensure a successful transition back into the world of paid employment.
- Dig yourself out of the quicksand, overcome your doubts and move forward with confidence.
It's all there...and more!
And if you enrol in the course and then decide it's not for you, no hard feelings! If you have completed at least one full module and aren't 100% happy, I will issue you a full refund within 30 days of you purchasing the course.
- On maternity leave or an extended career break and are ready to go back into the paid workforce.
- Back at work and finding your current work situation is no longer a good fit.
- Not planning to work for a while, but would like to consider future options and make the most of your maternity leave or career break.
StartGetting Organised & Carving Out Time For Your Job Search
StartBoosting Your Job Search Confidence
StartThe Current Job Search Landscape. What's Changed In Recent Years?
StartExploring Flexible Work Options
StartDrawing Up A List Of Your Dream Companies
StartPreparing Your References
StartBuilding Your Team Of Supporters
StartButtoning Down Your Job Search Goals & Making A Plan
StartAvoiding Common Return to Work Job Search Mistakes
StartA Note on Staying Motivated Throughout Your Search
StartUsing Your Values As A Guide
StartWhat Motivates You In Your Career?
StartWhat Lights You Up? Your Interests & Passions
StartWhat Do You Have To Offer? Your Skills, Strengths & Expertise
StartWhat Do You Actually Want? What Does Your Ideal Job Look Like?
StartWrapping Up What You Have Learned About Yourself
Get started now!
About Melanie Fieseler
Hi, I'm Melanie, an independent career consultant, and your trusted return-to-work ally. I set up my company, Work Happy Mums, in 2013 and since then I've helped hundreds of women make a smooth and confident transition back into the workplace after maternity leave or a longer career break. Through the women I've supported, as well as my own personal experience of relaunching my own career after two years at home with my first child, I get the unique needs and challenges women face.
I also draw on my recruiting and talent experience at leading multi-national companies, where I saw firsthand what separated good from great candidates, and became passionate about sharing my knowledge with others and looking at the job search in a new way. I pride myself on being different from other career experts - I offer strategic, no-holds-barred advice and a point of view directly from my experience on the other side of the table.